7.5 Habits for Highly Successful Lifelong Learners
Habit 6 is definitely the easiest for me. Growing up I never thought I was much of a gadget person but when I started earning a paycheck I soon realized that was just because I was too poor to afford gadgets. I love having all this technology at my fingertips, from useful things like online quizzes and grade posting to lazy things like ordering a pizza via SMS messaging. Relying on technology too heavily has its problems though. D2L proves that on a daily basis by cutting in and out.
Habit 2 is definitely the hardest for me. Spending five years in the military gives you a lot of useful skills such as discipline and a work ethic, but it also tends too shape you into someone who relies too heavily on having orders. The more micro-managing my teachers are the better I thrive because I am used to being told exactly what to do and exactly when it's due. Taking responsibility for my own learning is definitely something I'm still working on.
No comments:
Post a Comment