Thursday, December 8, 2011

Almost Over!!!

This class has been great. The first thing I learned from it is I cannot take classes that are one day a week. The instructor did a great job of imparting as much knowledge as possible, but I got a couple weeks of strep throat and all of a sudden I can't miss any more classes without losing points. I have too much randomness in my life (i.e. getting hit by a semi, running facefirst into a helicopter, being kidnapped and taken to Florida by an ex, just some examples) to have no leeway with absences. That being said I learned a lot about all the technology available to teachers and I enjoyed learning all the ways different sites could be synced together. Not to mention a lot of the creative sites we used like Animoto and image generators gave me projects I could share on my Facebook profile with my friends and family to show what I was working on that semester. Keeping up with new developments shouldn't be difficult now that I know how to follow RSS feeds of teaching-devoted blogs and sites. Plus TeacherTube has plenty of videos on technological resources. Now that this class is over I plan on using my blog for both my writing and a workout journal as I want to get back into shape and I think blogging will keep me honest. I won't be adding my blog to my e-mail signature line until I establish what exactly I want on there and who I want to share it with but I will definitely be using the creative websites for future fun and learning opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment