Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thing #13

Zoho Writer was a fun easy way to create documents if your computer doesn't have Microsoft Office programming or if you simply prefer Zoho. It is fast, easy, and it saves it to your account so you don't have to worry about losing your info or forgetting your jump drive at home.I plan on using it for important documents in my scholastic future. I especially enjoyed being able to insert comments as I enjoy writing for fun and it's nice to be able to explain certain passages without cluttering the page. Google Docs was equally fast and reliable, although the interface was a little too businesslike. Zoho's interface was much easier to look at as I played with the features. Google did have one important advantage though and that's syncing the Google Translate software with Google Docs to translate your document into any language you choose automatically, as you can see from my document. This would be especially helpful for students in different countries, making communication with foreign pen pals much easier, as well as helping when students study abroad. Despite the fun of Google Translate though I prefer Zoho, simply because if I am going to stare at the screen that long, i prefer to have something a little easier on the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment