Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thing # 12

I used Google Alerts to set up alerts for news articles once a day on the Atlanta Braves, the Hawaiian Government ( because I still consider Hawaii to be my home state), and news on the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy as a few of my friends from my former unit are concerned about the Republicans trying to put it back into place if they beat Obama in the upcoming election. this is a very helpful tool because before I started using it I got all my news from Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert.

I absolutely love Google Translate and always have. I didn't need to access it online as I downloaded the app on my phone a few years ago and have been using it ever since to mess with friends. Not only does it have a huge language database but it can also send anything it translates to your contacts via SMS messaging which keeps the user from having to write it down and retype it into his phone. It is a very useful tool and in language courses it can help students who may have fallen a step behind by allowing them to pull up verbs and phrases without having to search from page to page to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment