Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thing #10

As the video we watched made obvious RSS or Really Simple Syndication makes it easier to access information we want to read as opposed to wading through sites we arent interested in to get to it. It creates a hub, in this case our Google Reader account, and brings all info we find relevant to us to our hub so we know where to find it all. It's like putting your wallet, keys, and shades near the door because you know that's what you need when you want to go out.

Personally I am a huge sports fan and I have a favorite team in every sport I follow and it is a hassle to search through all the popular sites such as ESPN and FoxSports to find information and news stories about them. With RSS  I can subscribe to their blogs and be kept update without moving from site to site. In schools we can use RSS to link different sites containing blogs relevant to our curriculum together so that we have a wealth of information to use in our daily classroom activities and lectures.

No comments:

Post a Comment