Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thing # 6

I chose Skype as my Web 2.0 tool to learn more about. I knew the basics of Skype from my time in the Army watching fellow soldiers use the service with loved ones and I also know that it is a good way of getting around a phone bill some months but that was about it. I installed Skype and linked it to my facebook contacts list and I immediately found I had quite a few friends online. We tried some video chat and got to show off our rooms and our latest gadgets. I also saw that when I searched for businesses in the area and google pulled up their information the telephone number under the address was now a link to use Skype to call that number.
Skype would be very helpful in classrooms as it has conference call features and would allow educators to answer questions e-mailed to them by students over video calls with visual aids for those students who are visual learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment