Commenting on other users' blogs lets them know that what they are writing is important to other people besides themselves. It encourages them to continue down that path and as such gives the readers a form of content control. It can also lead the blogger being read to the blogger doing the reading and expose him to new ideas that he/she might enjoy.
I enjoyed learning new terms such as trolling and the "Darth Commenter." The guidelines and tips helped me understand a little bit more about appropriate blog behavior, such as how while positive reinforcement is always nice to receive, it can really clutter up a blog if that's all people are writing. That is why Facebook has a like button.
I commented on Ashlee's, Hyams, Corbitt, Rachel Baker's, and Kristina's 23 things blogs. I didn't have any specific reason for choosing these people other than I just picked blogs at random to read and they were the first five I had something to say to. I also started following a blog called ChopTalk, which is an Atlanta Braves fan blog because I have been a Braves fan my whole life. Finally I joined the Colbert Nation because Stephen Colbert is great at his job and while I love both him and Jon Stewart I prefer Colbert simply for his style of delivering all his sarcasm, criticisms, and jokes with the same sober newscaster face. Watching his show is a great way to enjoy watching the world burn :-)
I commented on the blogs of my classmates based on their 23 things and my feelings toward the blogs they had posted for each. I posted a cautionary comment on Ashlee's blog about the dangers of relying too heavily on technology and on Rachel's blog I talked about being careful when allowing students to join the global community during class when what they are exposed to is our responsibility as educators. I also left a comment on the Choptalk blog criticizing the lack of support for Chipper Jones who is one of the last true sportsmen in professional sports today.
No comments:
Post a Comment